Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Summertime

I spent the morning on the bush-hog at Momma's house, mowing the rear of the property. It hasn't been mowed in a year or so and was getting tall. Daddy had planted a bunch of pine trees back there and it's hard to get a line started. Trying to mow back there is one big obstacle, but if you keep the tractor moving, eventually it all goes under the bush-hog. I didn't quite finish, but the tractor got hot about the same time I did. There's a couple of hours mowing left, and I'll finish it up one day next week.

While I mowed, my son Barrett used my pressure washer on the trailer. Momma lives in an apartment in the barn, about eight hundred square feet, a bedroom, kitchen, living room and bath. They moved a double-wide trailer on the land to use as a guest house. The trailer siding was starting to mildew, so Barrett squirted it with mildew remover and washed the trailer.

As I mowed, I noticed that Momma and the boys were in the blueberries. When we came in for lunch, Momma presented me with the morning's crop of blueberries. Seven pounds.



Those berries are washed and on my counter. The ones that aren't quite ripe will become ripe in the next day or so, and I'll freeze them in quart bags.

While we were eating lunch, I looked at the thermometer in Momma's kitchen window. It indicated 100 degrees. We decided to call a halt to the outside work. Barrett will go back this afternoon and finish washing the trailer. As for myself, I'm going to Lowes to buy the piers for the deck.

Seven pounds of blueberries. Dude!

No comments: