Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Little Ribeyes

Milady loves a ribeye steak, and I certainly don't object to eating one prepared properly. Yeah, we're on Weight Watchers and you can have a steak if you count the points into your daily total.

Our local market has a heck of a deal on little ribeye steaks. They average about six ounces. These are whole ribeyes that didn't sell, so the butcher slices them into 3/4th inch steaks and marks them as an economy ribeye pack. You get about ten steaks for about $25.00, and that ain't bad.

This afternoon on the way home I went by there and found that he had some economy ribeyes out. I bought a pack and in about fifteen minutes, they'll be marinating in some Creole Butter. I like the garlic and herb. Tabasco makes a great marinade, too. If you can find it

Tomorrow night is ribeye steak, baked potato and salad. I've got to decide if I'm going to cook them on the charcoal grill, or just sear them on a hot cast iron griddle. The Weight Watchers points on a six ounce ribeye and a baked potato with low-fat sour cream ought to be about 14 points. That's do-able.

No comments: