Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Tuesday madness

I got up thus morning at 5:00 a.m., as is my routine. I like to drink coffee and read the news before my shower. That hour is precious to me and imagine my shock and horror when I realized that the coffee maker had died. Not only that, but it spewed hot coffee and wet grounds all over the counter. Damn, damn, double damn.

I went old-school and made coffee in the old aluminum drip pot. After my shower, I walked outside into the rain. Damn again.

About nine o'clock, I got a call from my sister, who was stranded on the side of the road in the southern part of the parish. She was on her way to a meeting and her car had died. Again, dammit. I called the office and they sent a deputy out to see about her. (This isn't anything special. We do it for everyone. Most deputies would rather work a stranded motorist call. It helps people and we like helping people.) Within an hour or so, he had a wrecker out there to tow her car to town and he gave her a ride back to her office.

Then, I got a tip and recovered some stolen property. That works. I helped somebody else. More rain, lightning, thunderstorms.

I'm home now and have to straighten the kitchen and get supper started.

Oh! And get the new coffee maker out of the truck.

No comments: