Thursday, November 27, 2008

H.S. Precision

Remember earlier this month when I broke the stock off my rifle? Well, I did the research and the due diligence and one of the companies I looked at was H.S. Precision. Nice stocks. Nice rifles, for that matter.

As it turns out, they used an endorsement from Lon Horiuchi. You remember Lon? He's the guy who shot Vicki Weaver through the head at Ruby Ridge. Even such notables as Jeff Cooper wondered why Horiuchi is allowed to wander around free.

It's hard for me to imagine that H.S. Precision, as one of the big players in the precision rifle business did not know that Lon Horiuchi is positively anathemic to the shooting community. We believe him to be at worst a murderer, at best simply a government triggerman who will follow immoral orders. There is no doubt that he killed Vicki Weaver. Court records firmly fix that fact. There is no doubt that she was unarmed and was holding an infant child.

Personally, I wouldn't share a firing line with Horiuchi. I wouldn't allow him on my property. There are very few people on this planet that in a social situation I wouldn't extend basic courtesy and gentility. Horiuchi is one of them. I consider him unfit for polite society and would ask the Sheriff to have him removed.

So, I won't be buying anything from H.S. Precision. There are lots of threads talking about this fiasco. Lots of posts discussing it. I bet the board of directors is talking today about how to fix this fiasco. It doesn't matter to me at this point. They've been so insensitive as to actually use his endorsement that it can't be fixed. That'd be like Walther firearms using an endorsement by Heinrick Himmler, or Cold Steel knives printing an endorsement by Jack the Ripper.

There are just some endorsements you don't use.

No comments: