Thursday, October 09, 2008

Remington acquired Marlin

I must have been asleep, but I went to my gunsmith's shop today and we were talking about firearms. I was talking about H&R Handi-Rifles and how versatile they are. He mentioned that they've been acquired by Remington.

"No", says I, "H&R is owned by Marlin."

"I believe if you'll check," sez he, "you'll find that Remington bought Marlin last year."

I came home and checked, and sure enough, Marlin owns H&R, and Remington owns Marlin.

Not that it makes much difference to me, or to much of the shooting public. I've owned all three brands in the past, and I've got all three in the cabinet right now. Remington, Marlin, and H&R all cater to different niches in the shooting world.

1 comment:

be603 said...

And Bushmaster's master (Cerberus) owns Remington.