Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Remembering

Based on the news reports and the ACORN story below, I was talking with my lady and we remembered being asked to register to vote when we were in Vegas this summer. We were at the Imperial Palace, with grandkids, taking them to the auto museum. This occurred during the last week of July, 2008.

In the lobby of the Palace, we were accosted by individuals who asked us if we'd like to register to vote. As I recall, the conversation went like this.

Her: "Excuse me, sir, would you like to register to vote?"

Me: "No, thanks. We're just visiting. We don't live in Nevada."

Her: "That's no problem, sir. You can still register to vote."

Me, laughing: "Nevada's residence requirements must be really lenient! No thanks." We continued on our way.

Based on the what I saw and what we read in the papers, the voter registration problems in Nevada are huge.

No comments: