Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm blogging from Bossier City, LA, where I've been sent to learn all about school violence. The training is by the Public Agency Training Council and hosted by the Bossier City Police Department. It's good training, so far, and one more day awaits. We have a good mix of people involved in education attending this class, with both school administrator and law enforcement personnel.

It's good to look at both sides of the picture. Sometimes the educators don't know or aren't familiar with the law enforcement perspective and I admit that I frequently don't understand the educator response to certain situations. It's refreshing to be in an environment where we talk about common problems from different perspectives and gain an understanding about how to better solve those problems.

I'll be in training all day tomorrow, then back home tomorrow night.

No comments: