Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Senator Vitter on Immigration

Two weeks ago I wrote my Congress Critters a strongly worded letter on immigration. Senator Vitter responded to me via email, the first of my critters to respond to me. He writes:
You may be pleased to know that I offered an amendment to remove the amnesty provisions from the Kennedy immigration bill . My amendment would have eliminated the Z Visa amnesty provisions in the legislation that would give illegal aliens legal status . Z Visas are amnesty - pure and simple . Unfortunately, my amendment was defeated , but I assure you I will continue to fight to curtail illegal immigration .

I strongly believe that we need to dramatically improve our border security by having more agents patrolling our borders and making major investments in infrastructure improvements, such as strategic fencing and increased detention space. Congress and the p resident should focus on securing our borders and strengthening our interior enforcement , not rewarding law breakers with amnesty .


Have you written your Congress Critters lately?

1 comment:

oyster said...

I contacted Rep. Jindal in April, and was promised a reply letter which has never arrived.