Sunday, April 29, 2007

Total Wreck

The pool installation continues. My yard is a total wreck. You can, of course, click on the picture for a bigger view.


That pile of bags and boxes in the top left is all the chemical and pumps and accessories we ordered.

The pool is about half-full of water. They're slowly filling the pool with water, and backfilling the hole with wet sand. Every so often, they'll stop and check for level. The contactor ran out of sand late Saturday afternoon and called a halt till Monday morning.

Tomorrow, the electrican comes out to hook up all the wires. I'm pretty good with electricity, but I'm paying a guy to hook this up correctly. The contractor tells me that he'll be ready with the pumps and plumbing when the electrician gets here.

So far, I'm impressed with this contractor. We're using Pleasure Pools out of Natchitoches, LA. No website that I can find, but the guy is in the Yellow Pages. He installs Viking Pools. So far, I have been really impressed with his knowledge, leadership of his crew, and willingness to to the job right. He's been on-time for every stage of the installation and has kept me up to date with problems. This guy is a professional and it is a pleasure to work with him.

3 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Well, I'll have to say, it's going to be pretty!

Anonymous said...

Is that a 4-wheeler in the left background?

Pawpaw said...

Yeah, that's my son's broke-down 4-wheeler at top background. He's been awaiting parts for it.

It seems like we're always awaiting parts for one thing or another.