Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Insulation

The project house is insulated. It was a pain in the butt, but not nearly as bad as other insulation jobs I have done.

I used standard fiberglass insulation, but this stuff was made by Johns Manville. It is called encapsulated insulation and the fiberglass is sheathed in a plastic sheeting not unlike a standard garbage bag. The plastic bag has little tabs to staple it in place.

I remember the old paper faced insulation and working with that stuff would drive me crazy. The tiny glass fibers would get all over you, cut you, make you miserable. This new encapsulated insulation avoids all the discomfort of installation. Plus, it was the cheapest thing going at Lowe's when I dropped by to price it.

I called my contractor buddy and he is going to supply the name of a drywall guy. Hopefully by the end of the week, I'll be ready to paint.

No comments: