Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sunday news

Saddam was convicted and sentenced to hang. Based on the reports I've seen, the verdict goes immediately to appeal and the appelate courts have their say in the matter, if the sentence is upheld, then the law requires it be carried out in 30 days.

This is the first week of November. We could see Saddam hang by the New Year. That's a hell of a lot better than we do executions here in the United States.

I'm feeling marginally better. Still weak, but I don't want to cry each time I swallow. I can't remember the last time I was sick. I guess I'm glad that the worst of it happened on a weekend, although my weekends are precious and these past two days have been a total waste.

The Louisiana High School Athletic Association is supposed to announce the matchings for the High School Playoffs. Bolton is in the playoffs for the first time in five years. It should be interesting to see who they are matched against.

I think I am going to cook a pot roast for supper. My grandfather's recipe. It's fairly simple, to wit: In a black iron pot, sear your roast all around, then remove it from the pot. Add a half cup of oil and a half cup of flour and make a dark roux. Add water till the pot is about half-full, then add the roast. Peel an onion and drop whole into the pot. Cover and cook in a 350 oven for four hours.

No comments: