Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Rest in Peace

The gunny blogosphere is abuzz. Jeff Cooper passed away today at his home.

His style was plainly his own. His wisdom about firearms, about life, about violence was almost without peer. His writing was crisp and unmistakable. He was one of the giants in the gun world. I sometimes disagreed with him, but I did it in the firm knowledge that Jeff Cooper knew exactly what he was talking about.

I never had a chance to personally meet the man, but I felt I knew him through his writing, which will live on for years.

My condolences to Ms. Janelle, and Lindy.

Godspeed, Colonel.

1 comment:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

I've been out of town and missed this event. Thanks for letting me know. I just had to post something myself.

He was one of my childhood heroes and his insight will be greatly missed by many shooters.