Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Dollar Store

I love a Dollar Store. There is all manner of stuff in a Dollar Store, and the two big chains are in some sort of competition lately, so they are building stores in extremely rural areas, like Libuse, and Holloway, LA. The two near my house both stock things like bread and milk and coffee, so if I'm in a hurry, I'll hit the Dollar Store.

I'm not single, being happily married for the last three years, but I was struck by the women in that Dollar Store. Country gals of every shape and style. If you like that country song about trashy women, then the Dollar Store is the place for you. In the ten minutes I was there, I saw half a dozen lookers come through the door.

Yeah, if I was a single man, I'd be hanging out in the parking lot of the dollar store.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the dollar store at ruby is nice too. thanks for the plug for libuse. it really irritates us when un and mis informed people refer to libuse as pineville.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

My wife would rather go to a dollar store or Big Lots than go to Macy's! I don't know why...the only thing I usually find I want is maybe a jar of peanuts or some peanut brittle!

The women I've seen in there don't do much for me long-term, but might be good for a drive-by quickie.

Anonymous said...

think I will check in better neighbor hoods, I see overweight young women with kids trying to get by.

Janean said...

I do love Dollar Store! But I don't look anything like "a cocktail waitress in a Dolly Parton Wig". I'm the brunette in the jeans, sweatshirt and Nike's who is usually so busy finding deals "WOW! that's only a DOLLAR??" and telling the kids "no" that I never look around at those of the male persuasion.
Guess I'll have to start...