Thursday, September 14, 2006

Col Jeff Cooper

I am given to understand that Colonel Jeff Cooper has suffered a major heart attack. I also understand he signed a DNR order. The news is not favorable for a recovery.

The guru, the founder of Gunsite, a major architect of the Modern Techique of the Pistol, and a rifle Master by his own right, Jeff Cooper is an icon in the shooting world.

We will miss him.

My condolences to the family, and prayers of godspeed to the Colonel.

Hat tip to Say Uncle.

UPDATE** Reports are confused at this time and his condition is being followed in this thread over at the 10-8 forums. The Colonel is home and resting, and my earlier report may be premature and in error. Our prayers continue to be with the Cooper family.

1 comment:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

My thoughts and prayers as well...always enjoyed reading his take on new weapons and today's "spray and pray" tactics in the military.