Monday, July 10, 2006

Backyard Project - III

The concrete truck got here this morning and the finishers were waiting for it. The concrete is now in the form and curing. It has a nice smooth trowel finish.

This photo shows the concrete after it has been floated for the first time. I was amazed at the amount of water that came out of it and pooled on the surface.

I'm always amazed at concrete. But then, the simple things please me.

Now, I can put my fence back up, wait two days and take up the forms. Then start standing up lumber for walls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool; are you going to get the grandkids to put their handprints in it?

Flintlock Tom

Pawpaw said...

Naw,Tom, it's all ready set. But, that is a good idea. I'll be doing some other small concrete project and the kids will have a chance to personalize them.