Monday, June 26, 2006

Waitin'

Waiting for the plumber. I need a plumber for my backyard project, to run water to it and drain off sewerage. Standard plumber stuff. This is phase 2 of a 4 phase project, putting a bathroom in the backyard. Phase three will be installing a pool. Phase 4 will be landscaping, decking, tieing everything together.

I'm going to do most of the work myself, but there are a couple of details that require a licensed professional. I met with an electrician last week and he told me what I need to have ready when he comes back to do the electrical work. When I finish consulting with the plumber, I'll be ready to rough-in the plumbing and pour the slab, then frame the building and get it under roof. Then, the plumber and electrician can come back, work their magic, then I can finish the building. I'm hoping to get all that accomplished by August 14th.

In a project like this, the planning is the hard part. How big is a door? How wide is a cabinet? How many 2X4 studs do you need? What amperage is enough for the project? All these questions have to be answered before the concrete is poured.

The best laid plans of mice and men.

No comments: