Friday, May 05, 2006

New Orleans inside scoop

The Oyster is my ears and eyes in New Orleans. He and I don't look at things with the same perspective. He is left-leaning progressive and I am right-leaning conservative. He is insane Democrat, and I am Republican. I've learned to listen to his coherent thoughts although his rants sometimes leave me depressed.

It's funny, my best friend in the whole world is a Democrat. My wife is a Democrat, and the Oyster is a Democrat. I'm having trouble leading any of the three of them into the light.

Yet, the boy has the scoop on the New Orleans mayoral race, and if you want to see what the townsfolk are thinking, you ought to ride on over. In comments, tell him Pawpaw sent you.

I'm going to Biloxi this weekend. Y'all keep it between the navigational beacons until I get back.

1 comment:

oyster said...

I appreciate the shout out, Paw Paw.

Most of my friends are Republicans, so I know how you feel.