Friday, February 03, 2006

This is a plan

I don't know if it is a good plan, but nevertheless, it is a plan. It sounds reasonable to me. It is bold, innovative, and doesn't wait on someone else to do something. Title land to people so they can build on it. Have plans pre-approved at lenders. Have construction crews pre-approved to do the work. Finance it all with municipal bonds. It is innovative, all right.

The site in question is all about Virginia Boulet, a candidate for Mayor of New Orleans. The lady lists specific accomplishments in her resume and specific plans in her action plan.

I remember when politicians used to give out little flyers with their platform and planks printed on the back. We'd line them up on the coffee table, talk about the individual points, and decide who we would vote for, based on the planks. Then we'd turn the little cards over and see who we were voting for. That might not have been a great system for choosing a candidate, but it worked for us.

I assume Ray Nagin is running and now I know that Virginia Boulet is running. Virginia sounds like she has her act together. She sounds like someone I could get behind. The only problem is that I am not a resident, so I really don't have a dog in this race.

If anyone else has links to mayoral sites for the upcoming New Orleans election, let me know and I'll give them a review. Right now, though, Virginia Boulet is someone who deserves a close look.

What do the NOLA residents think about her?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a NOLA resident, but I have met Ms. Boulet and I think she will make a great mayor. The people of New Orleans need to get to know her and get behind her.