Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Senator Vitter responds

Well, I'll be damned. David Vitter responded to my email from October 20th. That was almost two weeks ago, so he needs to raise a little hell at his staff. Two weeks is half a monthly archive in the blog game. He needs to get a grip on the speed of the web.

Not that I believe for a minute that David saw my email. Yeah, right.

However, he does respond to email, and he says he understands where the dollars originate. The whole text of the response:
Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to wasteful government spending. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this issue.

Like you, I take serious issue with government waste of tax dollars. The money the government spends is not the property of anyone in Washington. It belongs to the hard working citizens of our country. I am working to bring Washington's spending problem under control.

You'll be pleased to know that I helped pass a federal budget that cuts the federal deficit in half in five years while addressing many of our nation's top priorities, including strengthening our Armed Forces, improving our homeland defenses, and promoting economic opportunity with pro-growth tax policies.

I will continue to work to root out wasteful government spending and trim big government, and you can count on me to be a watchdog to protect against these things. Please rest assured that I will remain fiscally responsible when making decisions about government spending.

Once again, thank you for contacting me about this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future.

Sincerely,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


...
I, too am most interested in _the Bill of Rights_
I am also very interested in _your right to keep and bear arms_
...
Very truly yours,
Senator Dorothy Doxer

Molon Labe! by Boston T. Party

I'm not trying to be mean, but I'm willing to bet if you had phrased the letter slightly differently, sent it from another email address, and pretended (not for fraud, of course) to be another voter, you'd get the exact same reply.

Letters to your critter are good at trying to swing it's vote, but my guess is they keep a running tally and just send out form letters. You have to drop a bit of coin to get a real reply.

If you can manage to fax your letter in it will count for more than an email but the most effective way, a real snail mail letter, won't arrive fast enough in this post anthrax world.