Friday, August 05, 2005

Sick young-un

The littlest one is over tonight, and he is fighting some kind of sinus infection. We are medicating him and he is running a low grade fever. Milady is an R.N., so she has the situation well in hand, but when the littlest one is sick, everyone focuses on helping him to feel better.

For you old fogeys out there, or those with teenagers, there is a kids program callee Blues Clues. Mindless stuff, but it seems to keep the boy still and happy. He is sitting in Milady's lap watching TV, and I may have to go into the bedroom and turn on the tube before I start singing alphabet songs

I thought that part of my life was over. I thought that Sesame Street was a left-wing indoctrination of the pre-school set. And Barney the T-Rex, what mindless drivel that was. If I had the contract to act in the Barney Suit, I'd open a vein. If Barney ever showed up on my front porch, I would have shot him off with the shotgun I kept by the door.

Yet, here I sit, in my dotage, watching Blues Clues. Maybe bourbon will help.

2 comments:

Kelly(Mom of 6) said...

Blue's Clues is kind of cool. Teletubbies, on the other hand, will drive you to drink copious amounts of alcohol.

You know, I kind of miss those days..just a tiny bit. Grandchildren are going to be great!!

Hope the little dude feels better.

Anonymous said...

Sour mash works best. . . .