Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Nothing

I've been reading the paper and the bloglines and then I went to this page and noticed that I haven't posted anything in two days. That isn't fair to my readers, so I thought I would give you the headlines of the last few days, with appropriate comments. No links. You have Google. Use it.

Democrats Pissed At Bush. - (Yawn)

War in Iraq Continues. - (Stretch)

Someplace in Ohio has Congressional Race, with predictable outcome. - (Moan)

Louisiana Gets Money to Repair Marshland. - Actually, this is good news as Louisiana is going to start getting royalty dollars from all the oil and gas pumped out from under the state. The money is supposed to help restore the marshland we have lost since we started pumping that oil and gas. In a related story, a rider was tacked to the energy bill that will extend I-49 on both ends, from Shreveport north, and from Lafayette south. Road dollars are always good for the local economy.

Now, if we could just get a good four-lane artery through the center of the state. I don't much give a damn whether it is an interstate highway or not, just a good high-speed route from Natchez, MS, through to Texas, where the roads are generally good. Route it through Alexandria, or route it through Natchitoches, I don't much give a damn. We need a four-lane east-west road somewhere between Killer 80 in the North and US 190 in the South. Personally, I think the best route would be from Natchez, MS, westerly through Jena, Winnfield, and Natchitoches, continuing through to Many, across Toledo Bend, to Nacogdoghes, TX.

Or, from Natchez, MS, through Pineville, Alexandria, Leesville, toward San Augustine, TX. Either way, it wouldn't matter much. The center of this state needs a good four-lane road.

No comments: