Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The Daily Cough

For reasons that even I can't understand, I went over to the Daily Kos, and found this little snippet:
Two more weeks, folks, before we take them on, head on.

No calls for a truce will be brooked. The DLC has used those pauses in the past to bide their time between offensives. Appeals to party unity will fall on deaf ears (it's summer of a non-election year, the perfect time to sort out internal disagreements).

We need to make the DLC radioactive. And we will. With everyone's help, we really can. Stay tuned.
It seems that the Democratic Leadership Council has pissed in someone's Wheaties. Say what you will about Kos, he is a fairly influential blogger, and a good weathervane of the moonbat branch of the Democrats.

It would appear that there is some divisiveness brewing. I hope the Dems stay strong and that the centrists prevail. I like the two-party system because I think that it keeps everyone honest. There are enough swing voters out here in the hinterlands that both parties better pay attention to us.

GWB's inattention to small, trifling domestic issues have pretty much negated the groundswell of support the last election gave him. Frankly, I am torqued at him about illegal immigration and his stand on 2A issues. I would love to see honest tax reform, more Border Patrol funding, and a repeal of No Child Left Behind.

The Dems need the Republicans (hereinafter referred to as the Stupid Party) to keep each other honest. And vice-versa. I went to the Stupid Party after the Dems left me behind on failed social policy. I don't regret the move, but I don't feel like the Dems represent me in their current configuration. Frankly, I question the sanity of anyone who would look on Hillary Clinton as a party savior. I think she is the greatest threat to National Security since her husband left office. She scares the living hell out of me. I digress.

It seems that the Dems are in for a nutroll in the next couple of weeks. It oughta be interesting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hillary can't be elected president, and I hope the national Democratic party has sense enough to see that fact. However, the national Republican party hopes the opposite.

The guy in office now has led the USA to the verge of bankruptcy. And as for national security, his policies have been disastrous. Pick any person off the street regardless of political affiliation, race, creed, education level, or degree of sobriety, and that person could do a better job than what we have now.

Wild Bill said...

Yeah, there gonna squeel like a pig under a gate, but they aint gonna get a lot of change.. The Unions are coming apart, if that tells ya anythang.. Evidently the Demo Party is moving away from them too.. The Unions thro a lot of money into the Demo Party, so they aint gonna sit by and let them slip away too far.. It wont be Bush in the race next time either, so I dont see Soros shoveling his money into the next election like the last one.. What I'm gettin at is, there wont be as money goin to the Demo's this next time, and the Demos' sure as hell dont get much money out of the pencil-neck, free-loader bunch that are doin all the whinin at Kos..

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled onto your blog, looking for folks in New Orleans. I'm a (damned) Yankee from Ohio, but I love that city. My Dad was from Virginia, so I do have some Southron blood coursing through my veins.
I'll be praying for you all, till Katrina passes by.

Your disappointment/disgust with GWB is shared with millions of other Republican faithful. I voted for him expecting another Gipper and ended up with Clinton-lite.

I give him something of a pass on the handling of Iraq, as I don't know what I would have done differently. 9/11 demanded some sort of action, but I still don't know what would have been best.

As far as W's record:
Immigration? Strike one.
Budget deficit spending? Strike two.
Abortion? What has he done? Strike three.

Have you considered libertarian? Check out some of the interaction at this blog:
http://voxday.blogspot.com/

For all the bluster, I don't see much difference between the two parties in power now. Effectively, they govern the same way - we end up with higher taxes, more government and less freedom. I may never vote again.