Saturday, August 06, 2005

Crawfish Fettucini

Milady made a big crawfish fettucini last night. Today was the least one's birthday and we made a big production out of it, and had everyone over and Pawpaw cooked on the pit outside. During the festivities, Milady's work called and yada, yada, yada, to make a long story short, one of the nurses had a death in the family and called in and they are one nurse short, and Milady answered the damned phone, so she has to go to work.

Now, Milady's fettucini is a concoction fit for the Gods, and fit for Pawpaw. Everyone is gone and I am left here alone with the aftermath, and I got feeling a little peckish, so I go look in the refrigerator, thinking to nuke some for supper. Hell-fire and damnation! It ain't there! There was a big ole casserole dish of it left, and I recall seeing her leaving with something in a bag.

Well, hell! Pawpaw has got to scrounge for himself for supper tonite. And I had my mouth all set for crawfish fettucini.

No comments: