Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Another first!

Well, getting older is certainly interesting. Along with the slowly expanding waistline, this old world keeps on giving me opportunities to do things I ain't never done before.

Today, for example, I put $50.00 worth of gasoline in a pickup truck. All in the tank. It isn't full, but damned near. I put over two dollars worth of gas in my damned lawnmower. The riding mower. I was feeling expansive and frivilous, so I went ahead and filled the little push mower and the weed-eater. Probably spent another buck on those two items.

And I found a fire-ant bed while I was mowing, so I have to go out and kill those little sumbitches. I hate fire-ants, but we've covered that topic.

Ain't life grand?

1 comment:

Kelly(Mom of 6) said...

Yep. We calculated how much more we were going to have to allot to gas in the budget lately and the numbers weren't pretty.

I'm grateful that in the course of my day, if I hit every regular place, I will only have driven 10 miles.