Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Tuesday

Slow news day and not much to blog about. Last night, my daughter's car failed to start when she got off work. She called Daddy, and I got her going and followed her home. This morning I fixed the car, a simple job of changing a starter, which took all morning, because it wasn't acting like a bad starter. At one point I had the starter on a test rack at the parts house and it tested good. I took the offending starter back home and went through the troubleshooting protocol again, and my reasoning came up that the starter was bad. I took it back to the parts house and put it on the rack again. It tested bad the second time. To keep the parts tech honest, we put the new starter on the test rack and he had to convince me the new one was good.

While we were in repair mode, the car got a new battery, new battery cables, and we checked the glove box to make sure she had spare fuses. The car should be good for another year or so now, as long as I pester her about getting the oil changed and take a look at her tires occasionally.

After that job was finished, the littlest grandson came over while his Momma went to work. He left about dark.

Tomorrow, I start the great paver learning experience. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Kelly(Mom of 6) said...

Good Luck!!!