Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Sammiches

There is something about a sandwich that directly appeals to the male psyche. It is easy food. You hold it, you eat it, you might use a napkin, but you definitely don't need a plate. Whether a burger hot off the grill or a cold concoction right out of the refrigerator, a sandwich satifies like few other foods.

Today after the lady left for work, I was feeling a little peckish, so I walked over to the fridge to see what was available. I spotted a hamburger bun left over from yesterday. Yeah, buddy! In just a minute, I had mustard, mayo, cheese, onion, balogna, and a big slice of a fresh tomato. Five minutes later, I burped contentedly, tossed away the napkin, and wandered to the living room with a glass of iced tea to surf on the computer.

No mess, no fuss, no bother. I'm gonna need a nap before long.

1 comment:

Kelly(Mom of 6) said...

I made egg and cheese sammiches for my crowd yesterday. Sent out for the book you recommended today.