Thursday, July 14, 2005

Pavers - Done

I finished installing the pavers late yesterday afternoon, and backfilled just as the sun was going down.



When I took this picture I was standing on the patio that was here when we bought the house. At the top of the picture you can see the fence I installed and the gate hardware on the back of the gate. The pavers are those red things, and I backfilled with extra sand. Grass will soon grow through the sand and the project will look complete. It's a small patio, but I don't have to mow there anymore. Those 24 pavers were something over 20 pounds each, for an estimated total of 480 lbs and the weight of the sand was written on the sack. I used 1400 lbs of sand, carried one sack at a time to the hole.

My entire body is pleasantly sore this morning, from carrying almost a ton of building materials to that little hole and handling each item twice. Pawpaw was "give out" when the sun went down yesterday. I had the littlest grandson present to help me with the final touches on the project, and you know a 3 year old was a big help. You Betcha!

Milady saw it when she came home from work, and she is pleased. That was the mission after all, as pleasing her is a big part of the bargain. When Milady is happy, everyone is happy.

1 comment:

Kelly(Mom of 6) said...

Yep, he helped play in the sand, right? It looks very nice!