Sunday, July 03, 2005

Fencing finis

The fence project is off the list. It is a done deal, complete, finished.

My elder son (age 28) and my stepson (age 31) came over Saturday and helped me finish it. With two clutch drivers working steadily, the boys were able to keep the old man hopping, just bringing them picket boards. We started at 9:00 a.m., took hourly hydration breaks and a lunch break, and finished the last corner at 1:30 p.m.

My honey-do list was just reduced by one task. Walking the perimeter, and looking at the blank slate, my lady discussed a number of options for the next portion of the backyard remodel. I can't friggin wait.

The rest of the weekend has been dedicated to rest and relaxation. Today is a general straighten up and tidy up day. Tomorrow afternoon, the boys are bringing the grandsons. Pawpaw is cooking burgers and sausage on the pit, then about dusk we will ignite chinese gunpowder in the empty lot next door.

Happy 4th, everyone.

No comments: